Got milk? Not this morning.
Is there any person more low than the person who takes/steals food and/or drink from the office refrigerator? Just this morning I head to the kitchen with my bowl of Blueberry Morning in hand, open the fridge, and find my half-gallon of Horizon Organic 1% milk gone. Not that someone drank/used half the carton, but the entire carton gone. Here is the mail I sent to my office:
++++++++++++++++++++++
Most of you don't know me that well, but I would call myself a pacifist. You might say I live by the code of "Make Love, Not War", or even "Live and Let Live". Not many things in this world get my ire up. One of them, however, is being unable to have my morning bowl of cereal because someone drank or took all of my milk in the fridge.
This is not a witch hunt; I'm not trying to publicly humiliate the person who scarfed down the rest of my Horizon Organic 1% half gallon that has been in the 2nd Floor refrigerator for the past week. And I'm not looking for an apology or restitution. But to the person or persons who stole my property, I have this to say to you: You are on my list. And as Kramer once said, "You don't want to be on my bad side."
Doug "Harry Hood" Wicinski
+++++++++++++++++++
Will this help track down the thief? Obviously not. Most people suggest it's the night-time cleaning crew, which is a possibility. However, I think someone needed it for themselves, either for their coffee or their cereal, or even needed some for home, and said, "Oh, no one will miss this", and grabbed it. These are the folks that rile me more than anyone in this world: I call them "The Entitlers". You know them well: they're the ones that drive in the break-down lane of the highway to get past a large backup; they insist on getting a table at a restaurant first even though 20 people are waiting in front of them; or the ones who stand in the middle of a crowded thoroughfare (such as the jetway getting off an airplane) to tie a shoe, blocking everyone behind them. What makes them feel they are entitled to live without regard other people's well being?
There's a great sign at the National Zoo that says: "Society. Think About it. Apes do."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home