Gorilla Blog

Sunday, April 04, 2010

M is for Hockey

I do realize “hockey” doesn’t actually start with M, but I had wanted to go to a Bruins game for a while now and for some reason or another we kept putting it off. Right about the time my turn rolled around to think of an M activity, the Bruins really started to stink it up and fans were not happy. Since most games are sold out, and getting them through brokers usually cost more than face value, I figured what better time to find affordable tickets. My suspicions proved correct and we were able to score lower level seats from Ace Tickets for below face value for a Saturday afternoon game against the Calgary Flames. I had no trouble figuring out how the game would fit into the M activity as many of the Bruins have names that start with M including Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder, Miroslav Satan, Marc Savard, Marco Sturm, Matt Hunwick, and Mark Stuart. On the way to a Bruins 5-0 victory, Mark Recchi scored a goal and had an assist, and Milan Lucic and Marco Sturm both had assists. To cap off the day, we had dinner at the Elephant & Castle, an English-style pub.

View from our seats

Great mask

Opening face off


This ref was a real bear

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home