Gorilla Blog

Saturday, February 06, 2010

K is for Kilimanjaro

Since a trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania was probably out of the question on such short notice, I picked the next best thing for my K adventure… Disney World! More specifically, Kilimanjaro Safaris located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This attraction looks and feels like a real African safari. It’s a 20 minute adventure aboard a safari truck where you may encounter hippos, rhinos, giraffes, elephants, cheetahs, and even lions! And not those Disney auto-animatronics either -- real live animals. I'll admit I may have slightly cheated with this activity as our trip to Disney was planned a long time ago but it was such a perfect "K" that I went with it. We traveled to Disney with my mom and Ashley and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. In addition to the Animal Kingdom, we enjoyed the three other Disney parks during our four day trip and had a fantastic time.

The gateway to Kilamanjaro Safaris

Giraffes on the savanna

Ostriches approach the safari vehicle

One of the silverbacks in Pangani Forest

A giraffe finds a snack right outside our room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Sage, Ashley, Minnie and Lynn

Sage, Lynn and Ashley meet up with Daisy


Doug meets up with his new friends Russell, Dug and Carl from Up


Wishes fireworks over Cinderella Castle

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home