Friendly Fenway
Doug was finally able to score his office's Red Sox tickets for yesterday's game against Baltimore. As a bonus it was a 1:30 game so he was able to have the afternoon off. Before leaving home, I noticed Coco Crisp was in the lineup so I put on my "I 'heart' Coco" shirt and was on my way to Brookline to meet up with Doug. After walking over to Fenway, I had just enough time to grab a Rem Pup once inside the gates and we were at the seats in time for the first pitch. As you can see, the view of home plate from the seats was not bad.However, those classic Fenway sightlines came into play when looking toward 2nd base.
With Matsuzaka on the mound, the Sox were down 4-0 going into the 7th innning. I wasn't worried; the last four games I'd been to this season had all been exciting wins. Pedroia the Destroya came up to bat in the 7th and I snapped this photo right before he hit a home run.
The Sox went on to tie it up in the 8th inning. In the 9th good old Coco Crisp bunted Alex Cora over to 2nd base, and Jacoby Ellsbury followed with a walkoff bunt (!) which scored Cora with a little help from a throwing error by the Baltimore pitcher. Good times. As a bonus, we were in attendance on the day Fenway tied the MLB sellout record.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home