Rita Update
I played golf last week with the person who had the great seats at Fenway next to Rita. He said he went to a game a couple weeks ago and was talking to Rita, and it sounds like this actually IS going to be Rita's last season at Fenway. My source tells me that while cost is an issue, the bigger reason is that she feels it's just getting too hard for her to get to every game. (As I mentioned earlier, she has to take a bus and a train each way to and from her house to Fenway.) But my source also found out that the Red Sox are planning some sort of party for her on the last home game of the season. No word on whether this will be a private function to thank her for her years of commitment to the club, or an on-field recognition. If I hear anything more, I'll be sure to pass it along.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home