Gorilla Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Good Old Hockey Game

I went to my first NHL game in two years last night at MCI Center with Doug – Caps vs. Lightning. I was thrilled to finally be at a game, it’s been far too long. We had tickets in the front row of the upper deck. Normally I like to be closer to the action but if I must sit up high, the front row is the way to go. MCI Center still has the most uncomfortable seats of any professional venue I’ve been too, worse even than Fenway Park. Seems like every time we’ve seen the Lightning play here in D.C., at least one major player is scratched and last night was no exception. Martin St. Louis has a broken finger so we missed out on seeing him play. The Bolts certainly could have used Marty; they managed to squander a two-goal lead twice in the game. The worst was a goal by Caps rookie phenom Alexander Ovechkin with only 1:15 left in regulation. Alex then went on to score the only goal in the shootout to give the Caps the win. No matter, win or lose it’s nice to finally see the defending Stanley Cup champions in action again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home