A is for Apples
Doug came home one day last week with a cool idea. He heard about this new thing called "Alphabet Dating", where a couple takes turns planning a date, where each date would start with a letter of the alphabet. We thought we'd try this, but instead of dates we'd make them any general activity, and decided to call this our Alphabet Adventures. We quickly came up with "the rules". First, we'll go in order of the alphabet, each taking turns with the next letter. Second, once the "adventure" has happened, the next person has 2 weeks to get the next letter done. And finally, no adventure could be considered too big or too little.
Today was the first day of the Alphabet Adventure. I went first with the letter A. Since it's prime apple harvesting season around here, I decided we should pick some at Bolton Spring Farm.Well, since today turned out really rainy, I thought we could still go to the farm and buy some apples and try some of Bolton's famous apple cider donuts.
The trip was a great success -- we stocked up on macouns (for eating) and McIntosh (for baking) apples, cheeses, and of course a half dozen of the donuts. I'm happy to report the donuts were all eaten in the first five minutes of the drive home -- melt in your mouth deliciousness.
Doug is now on the clock; he has two weeks to complete the "B" adventure!
Labels: Alphabet Adventure, food

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home