I haven't screamed that hard since the US hockey team beat the Russians
What do you know – the NHL playoffs begin this week. Having watched about 3 NHL games this season, I feel that gives me plenty of knowledge to break out my fearless predictions for who will lift the Stanley Cup in May.
EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
No. 1 Boston vs. No. 8 Montreal
Another year, another meeting between these Original Six rivals. Last year Montreal got the better of the Bruins in 7 games, but this year the B’s seem well positioned to make a deep run in the playoffs. They’ve also seemed to have the Habs number this year.
Prediction: Bruins in 6
No. 2 Washington vs. No. 7 N.Y. Rangers
The Capitals need Semin and Ovechkin to play like the old Red Army teams of the 70s and 80s.
Prediction: Capitals in 5
No. 3 New Jersey vs. No. 6 Carolina
I have no clue what’s going on with either of these teams this year.
Prediction: Carolina in 7
No. 4 Pittsburgh vs. No. 5 Philadelphia
I saw that the Flyers lost out on home-ice advantage on the last game of the season. I think it’ll cost them.
Prediction: Penguins in 7
WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
No. 1 San Jose vs. No. 8 Anaheim
Every year I pick San Jose to win the Cup, and every year they let me down.
Prediction: Sharks in 5
No. 2 Detroit vs. No. 7 Columbus
I’d love to see Rick Nash and Columbus take down the Red Wings, but I don’t see it happening.
Prediction: Red Wings in 4
No. 3 Vancouver vs. No. 6 St. Louis
Vancouver won the West? And St. Louis made the playoffs? I feel like Rip van Winkle.
Prediction: Blues in 6
No. 4 Chicago vs. No. 5 Calgary
Big turnaround for the Blackhawks this year, but I think Iginla will have a big series.
Prediction: Calgary in 5
Right now I think that it’ll be some chalk in the finals – Boston vs. San Jose – with my favorite pick the Sharks winning it all. Though it would be great to see the Bruins pick up a Stanley Cup and start the party on Causeway St.
Labels: hockey, useless predictions

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home