Gorilla Blog

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Gas Tank Update

So I finally heard back from Honda, and they confirmed my tank is 13.2 gallons. (Not sure if they actually checked my VIN or just agreed with what I sent, but anyway.) So instead of calling back the Mobil place and having that guy give me the runaround again, I contacted the Massachusetts Consumer Complaint Department and reported their asses. No word back yet from the State, but I'm sure I'll hear something before the end of 2010.

But here's something else that is weird. Ever since I put in that "13.8 gallons", I've driven over 135 miles, but my gas gauge hasn't budged one iota. (It should be down to at least ¾ of a tank by now.) So now I'm really confused, so I've turned to the last place I can think: the Car Talk guys. I sent a question in to their website, but I've also called their show to see if they've ever heard of gas tanks fluctuating in size between models, or if this Mobil station is totally ripping me off. (No, I didn't get ON their show, at least not yet. The way they do their show is that you can call their toll-free number any time and leave a message. Their producer goes through the messages and picks out what she thinks are the best calls for that week, and then she calls/emails the person back to organize a call for the show. The show is actually recorded on Wednesdays, not on the weekend when you hear it on NPR.)

Stay tuned, dear readers. I will get to the bottom of my gas tank flap one way or the other!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home