Gorilla Blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

Denver...the sunshine state. Denver! Gorgeous, gorgeous

We made it to Denver (actually Aurora, CO, right outside) by 7:00 pm MDT (we gained another hour today driving, which definitely helped), a lot farther than I thought we'd go the first two days. (Colby, KS for those scoring at home.)

Neither of us slept well last night, so we were on the road by 6:30 am. Unfortunately it seems that everyone drives to work in St. Louis before 7:00 am, as we hit really bad traffic trying to get across the Mississippi. After that it was just drive, drive, drive. Missouri was quite boring, but I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting Kansas was. There were some pretty prairies and rolling grasslands between Topeka and Manhattan that I enjoyed. However, the 6-7 hours of driving that Kansas has will bring any man to their knees. And unfortunately, when you leave Kansas and finally hit the Colorado line, where you think, "Yes, I've made it to the Rockies!", you actually have another 2 hours or so of high plains driving ahead.

The camera situation is going to be resolved, I hope, by week's end. We're having Ashley mail the disc that I need to General Delivery in Montrose, CO, outside Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. So hopefully we'll have some pictures up by week's end. Thanks a bunch Ashley!

We're on our way to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park tomorrow morning...might not have another blog for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home