Sage’s Europe Top 10
Here are my top 10 favorite things from Europe, in no particular order.
- Seeing the gorillas at Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks. Visiting
these parks has been at the top of my Life List for a long time. It definitely lived up to my expectations, especially the Palace of the Apes (top photo). - Climbing the Notre Dame Tower. Another thing to check off my Life List, seeing those gargoyles up close is something else (middle photo).
- Walking the streets and ramparts of Mont St-Michel. This was especially great after dark. Yet another Life List activity I can cross off (bottom photo).
- Seeing the Normandy D-Day beaches.
So powerful to stand on those beautiful beaches now and try to imagine the horror of June 6, 1944. - Belgian frites. You can get all kinds of dipping mayonnaise to have with them, but I like them best plain – pure heaven.
- Standing under the Eiffel Tower. I had no idea the tower would be as impressive as it is, so much bigger than I had imagined it.
- Walking the streets of Bruges. Hard to believe how cute this city is. Plus, frites are never more than a few steps away.
- Atomium. This Brussels landmark is pretty cheesy but that’s exactly why
I loved it. - Tower of London. Been here before but it’s the best attraction in London. Also great is the Ceremony of the Keys held at the Tower every night.
- Spring lambs. These could be found all over the English, French, and Belgian countryside bounding and bouncing through the fields.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home