Gorilla Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wasted and Ready

First, not to worry everyone: there will be a blog on our trip to Utah and Vegas shortly. Lots to talk about, so lots to write. We'll get there.

Second, nothing makes you appreciate vacation time more than the 1st week back at work after vacation. Perhaps it's because I don't see vacations as a time for resting as much as I do trying to cram as much as possible into the time off that I have. Therefore I always get back from vacation exhausted, and needing some time off to recover before heading back to work. Unfortunately, since I made that pact with the devil and took this new job at Primedia, my vacation time has been cut in half, meaning that not only do I feel the need to make my vacation days count even more, but I have no time to ease back into the work week. So tired bodies, tired minds, and tired heads heading off to work make for a very unhappy office minion.

Third, the summer is just about over. Amazing to me, it seemed to fly right by. I think I had only about 2 free weekends this summer, meaning a weekend where we weren't traveling, hiking, having a yard sale, etc. And in 2 weeks the football season starts, so basically the year is already over. Anything that gets me to next May as soon as possible is fine by me.

In the meantime (meaning before our Utah/Vegas blog is up within the next couple of days) here are our pictures from our trip, hosted at KodakGallery.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home