Gorilla Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

Birdie Man

I keep my golf scores on an online handicapper program (I'm currently at an 18.9 handicap, in case you were wondering), and as I just uploaded my latest score (91 on Wednesday, with 2 birdies, but also 3 triples) I noticed that I haven't broken 90 since May 12, 2001! This means I have to get out and play more, obviously. And as stated, my 91 on Wednesday could easily have been an 88 if i had just doubled those 3 holes instead of tripling them. Oh well -- as a smart analyst once said: "You're not a bad golfer because you're inconsistent; you're inconsistent because you're a bad golfer."

Since my last sub 90 score (an 84 at Bowie Country Club, a dog track if there ever was one, but it is a par 70), I've had some good scores, such as shooting a 91 last summer at the TPC/Avenel course (where the Booz Allen ne Kemper Open is played). And I've had plenty of dogs, including a 111 at Virginia Oaks, which I can't even remember playing (I wonder why).

Anyway, if anyone wants to play, just email me. I'm up for a game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home