Gorilla Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

X is for Xinh-Xinh

Still trying to catch up on blogs, here's an update on our Alphabet Adventures, which occurred a couple months ago.

After Sage’s “W” Alphabet Adventure back in May, I had a few plans for an “X”, but none of them panned out. I couldn’t find even one xylophone class in all of Boston, skin xfoliates sounded way too expensive, and they wouldn’t let me into the Sigma Chi frat party at Virginia Tech last time we were there.  So after some research I found a restaurant in Boston’s Chinatown called Xinh-Xinh (pronounced Sin-Sin).  It was actually Vietnamese, which isn’t Sage’s favorite, but I like it, and then decided to plan a dinner night out.  As it turned out, Sage ended up getting a Groupon for 2 tickets to see Blue Man Group in Boston on November 2nd.  I figured I’d combine the two into one great night out on the town.

Xinh-Xinh is a very small little restaurant on Beach St. in the heart of Boston’s Chinatown.  The reviews on Yelp were pretty good, but I did worry that Sage wouldn’t find something she liked.  Fortunately they have a large menu and we settled in for some spring rolls and a couple of chicken dishes whose names completely escape me now.  We both enjoyed our food, and it was a fun little atmosphere.

Outside of Xinh-Xinh Restaurant

Our meals
After dinner we headed over to the Charles Playhouse for Blue Man Group. This was the 4th time I’ve seen BMG, and the 3rd time for Sage, although it was the first for us both in at least 10 years.  The show was as fun as I remember it, and while they did update a few of their sketches and skits, for the most part it was still very similar to the first show we saw of Blue Man Group at the Charles back in the 1990’s.  Regardless, we both had a great time, and our Groupon seats were perfect: Very close to the stage, but just out of the splash zone, so we were in no danger of getting doused with paint, jello, or Cap’n Crunch.

Sage is now on the clock for “Y”.  Only 2 more letters to go…it feels like we’re crawling to the finish instead of finishing strong.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home