Team Coco & Weekend Projects
So what did we do Saturday night that Sage could have used as her “O” adventure? We went to see Conan O’Brien at the Wang Center! This was part of his “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television Tour”, and since Conan is a Boston native (Brookline actually, but close enough), it was sure to be a special show. “Coco”, as he’s been famously dubbed, put together a mix of stand-up, music, and taped segments that lasted about 2 hours. For my taste there was too much music and singing and not enough comedy. The best part of the night was a video from Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, which hilariously overdubbed in “BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS” and other local references to a pre-taped segment that they must use at every stop. At other locations Conan has had guests such as John Krasinski, John Stewart, and Stephen Colbert, and the Friday night show at the Wang had Ed Helms. Unfortunately the only guests he had this night was The Dropkick Murphys, who, along with Conan and his TV band, plowed through a few tunes, including their hit “I’m Shipping Up to Boston”. Overall it was funny enough, but I wish there was more laughs and less bad music.
Before leaving for downtown Boston on Saturday we heard an alarming weather report: The eastern part of Massachusetts was under a tornado watch! Highly unusual for us up here in New England, especially for the first week of June. But the weather has been crazy the past week or so, with really muggy/humid weather, and thunderstorms almost every night. (And by night, I mean night. Instead of them hitting late in the afternoon, they’ve been coming through at like 2:00 am. Needless to say, they’re making it hard to sleep.) The good part of the rain is that it’s making my garden really come to life. The tomatoes keep growing more and more, the pumpkin plant has blossoms on it already, and the lettuce and peas are ready to eat! Thankfully I haven’t seen the rabbit come anywhere close to the garden lately, although there has been a chipmunk digging around my garlic the past couple of days. I’m not sure if he’s the one who ravaged my garlic, but I’m keeping an eye on him.
With the bad weather this weekend, I decided to work indoors and try to finish off the upstairs closet project. Ever since we moved our washer/dryer to the basement Sage has wanted me to put in some shelving in the closet that the old W/D had been, and then also re-do the hallway closet as well. That one had a random Ikea bookshelf in it (the previous owners LOVED putting Ikea bookshelves in closets!), so I removed that out, patched up a bunch of holes, and put in some ClosetMaid wire shelving. I did the same to the old W/D closet in the bathroom, and it only required two trips to Home Depot to get it all done. Sage thinks it looks great, so that’s all that I care about.
And with that out of the way, I’m getting awfully close to my goal of having all my big projects/work completed by July 4. That way I’ll have 2 full months of summer to sit back, drink my gin and tonic, and enjoy the summer.
Weight check: Monday morning, June 7 I weighed in at 213.0. My goal was 213.7, so I’m ahead of my goal! No beers last week, no French fries either, but I did have a few cookies that Sage made on Friday night. Still a long way to go.
Labels: Boston, gorillas, house projects


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home